Forgive Me

You ever do something kinda bad and then beat yourself up over it of a long time?  I've heard it said that when we learn to forgive we need to also remember to forgive ourselves for things.  Most of my life I wasn't really sure I agreed with the idea of forgiving yourself but I've definitely softened on that over time.  Lately, I've really been contemplating what Jesus meant when he said we must become "like children."  I've been applying a lot of aspects of life to that perspective. 

You ever notice how quickly a child will forgive them self for something?  They can be crying in shame in one moment and then as soon as we let them know the issue is dealt with their are laughing and ready to jump on you again and start wrestling and playing.  They immediately accept our forgiveness and shed their guilt. 

Why can't I do a better job of that with God?  When He say's I'm forgiven, why don't I just accept it, laugh and jump back in his arms?  Like a child.......

Comments

Popular Posts