Does God Watch Football?

I have a co-worker who will often call me and get my thoughts whenever an athlete attributes a win or a big play to God. He would call me fairly often when Kurt Warner was playing but surprisingly, he hasn't called much about Tim Tebow.....although he has brought it up a couple times.

His biggest question always seems to be whether I think God has better things to worry about than a football game. Each time we have a chuckle over the question and will visit for a while. It has made me wonder though, just how much does God interact with our realm? Would he really change the outcome of something as simple as a football game while there are so many other more serious issues affecting our world?

What do you think? How much do you think God tinkers with fate?

My friend and I have pretty much mocked the idea of God and football for the most part.......but have you seen Tebow play this year? I have to admit, even I am starting to wonder if God has a fantasy team.

Comments

  1. If God cared so much about football, then don't you think He would care AS much about Teachers? Maybe, He would let us get paid as much as those professional athletes. Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think the issue here is Tebow or football. I think God is using the right man at the right moment on the right stage. How many people are tuned in and talking about their faith right now because Tim Tebow unashamedly vocalizes his? With a God who cares enough to know the number of hairs on our head I have no doubt He has interest in how he can use Tim Tebow to further His kingdom. Salary doesn't matter to God. It matters to us because of our own desires. He provides for our needs not for every fancy of our sinner heart. So does God care about football? No. But He cares about each and every individual that has entered into a relationship with Him. Be they football player or garbage man. He will use you to His purposes (not yours) if you are humble enough to give Him control. It would seem that He is using Tebow in a more public way than most but it also seems Tebow is far more willing to take the ridicule that comes with that. I admire his humility and gracious nature. I pray for Tim daily and hope the gospel is propelled to multitudes by his presence on this stage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree with Deats 100%...equality with God is not something to be grasped...others first, including God, for effective ministry and witness.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts