A Marital Experiment

Gentlemen, have you ever found yourself sweetly taking on a task around the house for your lovely bride, such as making the bed or doing the dishes, only to have her call out from the next room and ask you to do exactly what you are already doing?  I HATE that!!  It's like I have this nice little surprise I'm leaving for her and now it just became a task........a task in which I will get absolutely no credit for as being a thoughtful and wonderful husband.   You can't really surprise her with a kind gesture if she asked for it, and since she asked for it, you look like an idiot if you try to explain that you had already decided to do this for her.

I've decided I'm going to try a new strategy from now on.  Next time I'm doing something nice for her and she asks me to do that exact thing, I'm going to scream out, "You got two legs and arms, why don't you get your lazy self in here and do it yourself!"  That way, she will still think she has to do the task.  Then, when she later walks in and finds it done for her, it will have the same impact as if she had never asked.  I know, it's brilliant isn't it!

I'll be sure to tell you all how it goes!

Comments

  1. Your experiment is worthy...strange that daily chores seem to become sexist...I am man. I work. Your are woman. You clean my house, feed the family, take care of me and, by the way, could you get a job to help out with finances...Love you honey...let ne know how it works out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a follow up to the original Blog.............it didn't go as well as I had hoped..........

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts