Wall Street and the NBA

I've really been irritated by the recent strikes and "labor negotiations" that have taken place in professional sports. I have a problem with a bunch of millionaires arguing with billionaires over how much money each should make to workout all day and play a game. It seems insensitive to me that during a bad economy while people are struggling that the richest among us would worry more about lining their pockets with extra cash rather than lowering ticket prices or paying the popcorn vendor more during a recession.

Then a friend of mine posted a picture this morning of the Wall Street protesters contrasted with starving children else where in the world. I have better tents sitting in my garage than many of these people have houses to live in. I had to pause and ask myself what my complaining must look like to them? Probably not much different than a whiny millionare......

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts