Paying it Forward

We've all heard of paying if forward right?  The idea that if someone does something nice for you, you don't have to pay it back to the person but instead pay it forward to someone else.

I've come to the conclusion that this should be pretty easy as people tend to be really good at paying if forward.  I think the easiest place to see this is when we are driving.  As I'm sitting here typing, I'm in a parking lot and one woman just pulled up behind another who wasn't paying attention and honked her horn making it quite clear what an idiot she felt the other woman was being.

How often does that happen?  I know its true for me.  I know that when I accidentally cut someone off while driving and they let me have it I get ticked off.  My first thought is, "Yeah whatever buddy, like you've never messed up while driving."

But then it happens.....I start waiting......I start looking for that moron that will finally cut me off so I can lay on my horn and unload all that pent up frustration on them.  I can't wait to make sure they know what an idiot they are.  Yep, when it comes to paying if forward, we are actually pretty good at it.  The problem isn't that we don't do it, the problem is we just tend to pay the wrong things forward.

Comments

Popular Posts